Our Client is currently looking for a talented and motivated Senior Highways Engineer to join their team in Manchester, the pay rate for this role is £40,000 - £50,000 per year.
Our Client's Highways Team in Manchester has grown fast and we’re still growing. They are winning lots of exciting work both locally and nationally with all team members working on a wide range of schemes, from very large Highways England projects, to local active travel schemes. This is the place where you can make your mark. You will develop and learn at pace while feeling fully supported and challenged.
Our Client's highway engineering teams are recognised industry leaders and operate across several markets including strategic roads, local roads and private developments. They work for a range of clients including national government agencies, local authorities, developers and contractors. Our Client uses the latest design software and techniques to produce innovative, sustainable and efficient design solutions for their clients.
Working as a Senior Engineer in the Highways team our Client will offer you exposure to varied project work, both operating client side and in a design and build environment working on publicly funded and private developer projects.
You will undertake (engineering) design and development through the application of proven techniques and procedures to develop appropriate solutions to customer problems including:
- Undertaking and leading significant elements of the detailed design; e.g. drawings, specifications, reports and calculations etc, to achieve the optimum solution for the project.
- Working in close collaboration with our Client's team and other disciplines and having an appreciation of their role.
- Providing technical guidance and support to their colleagues and assist, where practicable, in mentoring and development.
- Ensuring deliverables are carried out within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Ensuring that solutions meet client needs and expectations are met/exceeded.
- Liaising with their clients and contractors and supervising works on site when required.
- Ensuring that all work is carried out to the Company’s IMS, and current H&S legislation requirements.