Our Client is looking for a Senior Electrical Estimator to join the centralised team predominantly covering their existing water frameworks. You will be responsible for preparation of pricing for tenders/bids and other opportunities identified by the business; from receipt of documents through to presentation at tender review and final completion of submission documents.
Although predominantly home based you will be required to visit our clients sites or offices.
Some of the main responsibilities include:
• Working closely with in a bid team and be responsible for the preparation of the analytical estimate
• Preparation of preliminaries (On-cost) pricing (In conjunction with Tender Planner)
• Presentation of the estimate at bid team meetings and final settlement of bid
• Working to strict deadlines
• Preparation of quantities from drawings and specifications
• Prepare abstract of material and sub-contract requirements for sourcing and pricing
• Technical and commercial appraisal of material and subcontractor quotations
• Preparation of analytical estimates including the detailed appraisal of construction plant and temporary works
• In conjunction with the bid team, participate in the generation of value-engineered solutions throughout the bid stage design process and report on the cost effects of such solutions
• Contribute to the submission document preparation
• Contribute to the identification of risk and pricing of risks throughout the bid
• Attend site visits during tender period
• Use of estimating software as a basis of preparing the estimate
• Evaluate construction methods and formulate alternative proposals where necessary in conjunction with the bid team and tender planner
• Associated forecasts of capital expenditure and income.
• Preparation of cash flow forecasts
• Allocate and supervise work of subordinates within the Estimating Team to meet review and final submission deadlines