Senior Drainage / Flood Risk Design Engineer
- Deadline: 07.03.2024
Our Client is a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, that provides structural and civil engineering, planning, design, and consulting services. They are currently looking for a Senior Drainage / Flood Risk Design Engineer to join their team based in London and working UK wide. The team works on diverse flood risk, flood alleviation, drainage strategy and drainage infrastructure projects for a range of private and public sector clients. As a result of their current work and increased project wins, they are seeking an individual to work as part of the growing team delivering these projects providing effective project management and technical input.
• Civil Engineering degree or similar
• Professionally qualified (ICE or CIWEM)
• Chartered Engineer or close to gaining Chartership
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience of water based projects relating to buildings
• Experience of drainage design and designing and implementing SuDS for new developments and as retrofit.
• Experience of modelling of surface water drainage, watercourses and waste water networks, preferably using MicroDrainage.
• Proficient in using AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
• A solid understanding of engineering gained from working on both construction sites and design offices
• Experience of modelling using Infoworks ICM (Incl. 2D), Flood Modeller, and TUFLOW (1D-ESTRY & 2D).
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
• Be able to work well in teams and provide effective direction to graduates and technicians
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• A good understanding of the responsibilities of water companies, lead local flood authorities and Environment Agency in relation to flood risk and drainage
• A practical knowledge and experience of drainage design, assessment, and maintenance work.