My client is one of the leading environmental consultancies in the UK and they are currently seeking a bright and decisive senior consultant to join their high performing Construction Environment Management (CEM) team, in a client facing role. in their London offices.
The ideal candidate will be able and comfortable in attending client’s site, travelling around same and conducting meetings with client staff as necessary
What we’re looking for?
The successful candidate will have:
• A Bachelor’s/ master’s degree in Environment Management or equivalent appropriate subject area and a member of a recognised competent professional body;
• 5 years + of relevant experience within the environment, planning and sustainability sectors particularly in the environment management process and discharging of environmental consents;
• Appropriate experience of environmental management on construction projects including site experience and waste management processes
• Demonstrable experience of writing CoCPs, CEMPs, SWMPs and environment input into other construction documentation such as method statements for property developments and infrastructure projects;
• Demonstrable experience of working in and managing multidisciplinary project teams working to tight deadlines
and strict budgets;
• Good knowledge and practical experience of legal requirements including experience of obtaining and complying with environmental consents and permits and briefing these to construction staff in workshops or ToolBox talks;
• Ability to monitor and report on environment KPI data
• Experience of undertaking environment inputs into design and construction methodology specifications, and liaising with Stakeholders such as the Environment Agency and the Local Planning Authorities;
• Demonstrable experience of bid writing for property and infrastructure CEM projects;
• Confidence, initiative, enthusiasm, and be outgoing with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to liaise at all levels.
It will be an advantageous if you have:
• Demonstratable knowledge of environmental monitoring including Air Quality and Noise and vibration;
• Experience of the planning and the EIA process;