Job Title: Senior Civil Engineer (Water / Pumps)
Salary : £40,000 - £45,000
• Confident, highly motivated, organised and accountable with a collaborative approach.
• Dependable, open and reliable, builds trust.
• Positive, proactive and innovative approach to tackling and solving problems.
• Ability to remain calm and think logically when working under pressure.
• Team-player with good interpersonal and influencing skills
• A genuine interest in water level management and commitment and loyalty to the organisation and its aims.
• Enthusiastic, flexible and energetic approach.
• Professional approach with the ability to engage effectively with contractors, customers and partners. • Lateral thinker.
• Long-term vision.
• Challenge mindset.
• Approved technical qualification in civil engineering or similar discipline.
• Relevant health and safety qualification.
• Membership of a relevant professional institution.
Experience and Knowledge
• Knowledge/experience with large-scale mechanical and electrical pumping installations.
• Experience in the preparation of tender documents and the process through to award of contract.
• Able to identify, define and quantify risk.
• Ability to prioritise effectively while under pressure to deliver multiple projects on time and within budget.
• NEC4 contracts including frameworks.
• Positive approach to health and safety and a good understanding of legislation
• Knowledge of CDM Regulations.
• Leading and motivating a team to achieve high performance and results.
• Anticipate problems before they arise and provide workable solutions.
• Experience in the tender adjudication process. • Experience and/or knowledge of the land drainage industry.
• Awareness of environmental constraints.
• Experience in management of projects to reduce flood risk and manage water levels.
• Knowledge of the local areas.
• Awareness of hydraulic modelling.
• Knowledge of automatic weedrakes.
• Appreciation of structural behaviour, geotechnical considerations, hydraulic behaviour and survey techniques.
• Best value approach.
• Multi-contract procurement.
• Emergency response.