My client is a leading water provider and they are growing and are actively recruiting at various levels. They are currently looking to recruit a senior civil engineer with a water background. This role will be based in co-located offices in Kent.
The below ground assets team develop designs and planning documentation from assessing project needs through to the preparation of Contractors Work Information Packs and to provide assurance during term Contractors installation. This role is to lead the team delivering Mains Renewals and Strategic Mains. Reporting to the Mains Renewables and Strategic Mains Project Managers.
Some of the responsibilities for this Senior Civil Engineer role include:
• Route option selection, and the assessment and examination of outline designs prepared by the SEW Assets team.
• Detailed design and drawings, including supervising and coordinating designs prepared by GID teams.
• CDM co-ordination as Principal Designer Coordination of team writing Works Information Pack for the contract with other technical disciplines
• Define deliverables, commissioning and testing requirements
• After contract award, review deliverables and assure the company's standards are met.
• Occasionally undertake desktop review of alternative technical solutions
• Attend CDM coordination meetings with the term Contractor and the company's Operations
• Attend and chair other design/technical meetings with contractors, operations, assets and water quality teams.
• Complete project process tasks within specified programme deadlines and budget.
• Assist with overseeing integration of new assets to asset database and oversee take-over certification.
• Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental teams within the company to deliver the project.
• Able to liaise with other technical resources to bring in their expertise.
• To plan and coordinate team resources with upcoming project work and to report and forecast requirements to the Lead Civil Engineer.