Senior Civil Design Engineer (Water / Wastewater)
Quote ref: 648/21502
Our client is an international, multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. They are currently seeking a Senior Civil Design Engineer (Water) located in the South West / West Midlands / East Midlands / Yorkshire
Project management and technical design of live projects. Work is likely to be predominantly be on wastewater or clean water projects, either infrastructure or non-infrastructure. Other sector experience, such as rail and highways, would be an advantage. Position is based in Exeter, good client facing skills essential.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Project management of assigned projects to fully meet the client specification and in accordance with relevant standards.
- Assist with monitoring, planning and forecasting utilisation of project resources.
- Prepare or supervise own discipline designs, design calculations, tender documentation, scheme evaluations, design statements and other deliverables as identified in the Project Management Plan on assigned projects.
- Monitor quality of own discipline team work in accordance with good engineering practice, relevant standards, Codes of Practice, current design methods and Health & Safety legislation.
- Have a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current design methods and provide general technical support to own discipline team members.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of own discipline standard specifications as required.
- Awareness of BIM standards such as BS1192, PAS1192 and ISO19650.
- Promoting BIM and digital delivery best practice.
- Engage in client and third party liaison
- Line management, mentoring and performance appraisals of individuals within the section as required.
- Support learning and development of graduates and other team members.
- Assist with the promotion of the capabilities of the company to current and prospective clients.
- Comply with BMS Procedures.
Candidates will need to have a relevant degree (BSc - Civil Engineering) and minimum 8 years experience in design, ideally in the Water Sector