Job Title: Senior Water Design Engineer
Location : East Grinstead
Salary : £30,000 - £40,000
Job Description Summary
We are looking for a Senior Civil Design Engineer to join a growing Water team.
As part of my client's Utilities Sector, the multi-disciplinary Water team delivers a range of projects for Water Companies, Contractors and Developers. These can range from large Wastewater treatment facilities in the South West, water pipelines and pumping stations in Northern Ireland; to utility diversion works on HS2.
Through our ongoing successes, we continue to build our design capacity and are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Civil Engineer who has a technical background in Water and Wastewater and a desire to lead projects within a growing design team. This may include delivery of pipelines, pumping stations and water / wastewater sites through all stages of development, from Business Planning to Detailed Design, as well as multi-disciplinary coordination with colleagues both in East Grinstead and remotely with sister offices throughout the UK and Ireland.
If this strikes a chord and you are interested to find out more, we would love to hear from you and talk through in more detail how your specific experience may be a good fit. There is flexibility, as we are looking to fill a range of roles over the coming months. So, whether you have been leading projects for some time or just recently chartered, it would be worth getting in touch.
• Responsible for delivery of Water/Wastewater projects from business planning through to design and delivery;
• Preparation of outline and detailed design for pumping stations, pipelines, service reservoirs, water / wastewater treatment works etc.;
• Undertaking design as part of multi-disciplinary teams, often spread across different office locations;
• Construction stage project management, monitoring progress against programme, assessing costs for works completed and ensuring quality;
• Opportunity to mentor and develop junior colleagues and to be part of building the team;
• Representing Capita throughout the full life cycle of projects;
• Working to meet Health and Safety standards and overall project quality objectives.
• A Civil Engineering degree with 6+ years relevant experience;
• Have achieved Chartered status;
• Demonstrable technical design delivery of Water and Wastewater projects – from within Northern Ireland or further afield;
• Broader experience in wider Civil Engineering also beneficial, including in particular Public Realm design and surface water management;
• Possessing one or more fields of specific expertise is an advantage, such as water retaining design, network modelling and software, zonal studies etc.;
• Strong ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment and a desire to take a leadership role;
• Working knowledge of the NEC suite of contracts and experience of design and build;
• Full UK driving licence (clean) is beneficial.