- Deadline: 29.02.2024
Our Client is a long-established civil engineering contractor operating across the Midlands and East Anglia, who is experiencing ongoing growth. They are looking for a SHEQ Advisor based around these locations to play a key role in providing operational support across their civil engineering / infrastructure projects.
Some of the main responsibilities will include:
- Providing SHEQ assistance and support to senior management and operational management teams
- Undertaking SHEQ inspections on sites and at depot facilities to ensure compliance with legal and internal standards
- Identifying areas for improvement and discussing these with site management teams
- Contributing to the ongoing development of our SHEQ management systems
- Generating and delivering SHEQ training / toolbox talks
- Carrying out inductions for new employees
- Hosting external auditors
- Assisting with tender submissions
- Reviewing submissions by our suppliers as part of our supply chain approval process
- Attending client safety meetings
- Carrying out drugs and alcohol testing
- Assisting in the development of behaviours to support business SHEQ objectives and a positive safety culture
- Undertaking accident investigation and completing RIDDOR reporting
- Visiting site locations within the UK, some of which may necessitate overnight stays
- Providing cover for the SHEQ Manager during holiday periods and other times
- A recognised health & safety qualification (e.g. NEBOSH, NVQ)
- CSCS card
- Experience in the management of health & safety (ISO 45001 or BS OHSAS 18001) environmental (ISO 14001) and quality (ISO 9001) standards
- Understanding of legal requirements within construction
- Practical experience of obtaining and maintaining accreditation to industry certification standards (e.g. Constructionline, CHAS, etc.)
- Understanding and practical experience of SHEQ inspection and report writing
- Experience in the production of RA/MS and COSHH Assessments
- Experience in delivering presentations/training sessions.
- Full driving licence
- Computer literacy, including MS Office
- Ability to communicate with and present to colleagues at all levels of the business
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on matters of a confidential nature
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workloads
- Flexibility regarding start and finish times
- In order to be successful in this role, you will have previous experience in a SHEQ Advisor role as well a previous experience of the civil engineering sector.
- You must have a NEBOSH certificate or relevant NVQ and have a strong understanding of CDM Regulations and Temporary Works.
- It is essential that you are organised and methodical, with an ability to react promptly to changing business demands. With good interpersonal skills, you will be a team plater with the ability to act on your own initiative, whilst being aware of when senior management team involvement is required.