Regional Technical Director - Drainage / Wastewater
Quote ref: 1061/25012
Our client is a UK based engineering multidisciplinary engineering and environmental consultancy with offices Uk wide and due to recent growth plans they are recruiting for a Regional Technical Director from a Drainage and Wastewater background.
The company's Infrastructure Business is looking to appoint a Regional Technical Director (Bristol) to support ongoing delivery and further growth and development of their capability. You will lead the regional effort working collaboratively with the regional practice manager and national technical network to strengthen their existing relationships and develop new ones to yield significant and sustainable benefits to both their clients and the company.
Your focus will include taking a lead role on a range of wastewater modelling/planning frameworks regionally, as well as working with their national team of world class experts to develop their offering and drive forward industry thinking in key areas such as DWMPs, storm overflow discharge reduction, surface water management and wider asset management.
Your focus will be on the full breadth of strategic planning, hydraulic modelling, needs and options assessments, and design support.
You will be taking on a senior role in one of the world’s largest and most respected drainage and wastewater teams. responsibilities will include:
- Lead their existing teams in successful delivery of work under their existing frameworks.
- Bring your industry and client understanding and engagement skills to seek out, develop and win new opportunities, either directly from your existing client contacts or in collaboration with the Client Director colleagues in the Market and regional teams.
- Work with their technical experts nationally to forecast the future direction of the industry and plan and implement the steps required to ensure they remain relevant and strongly positioned to deliver key emerging projects.
What You’ll Need To Be/have
- An experienced drainage and wastewater professional, who is already established in the industry and well known to the market.
- Experienced in both leading and delivering work.
- Capable of selling both internally and externally.
- Ability to build sustainable relationships with clients, identifying and developing opportunities and managing these through to new work.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate evidence of:
- Willingness to work in a professional collaborative environment with integrity and respect at the heart of everything they do.
- A confident, professional manner with a “can do” approach.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to show initiative and examples of creativity and problem solving.
- A supportive and encouraging approach to identifying and nurturing talent.
- A proven track record in delivering industry leading drainage and wastewater projects.
- Requirements and Qualifications:
- Honours Degree or equivalent experience.
- Membership of an appropriate professional body, preferred but not essential.