Regional Director (Structures)
- Deadline: 08.03.2024
Our water client is currently seeking a Regional Director (Structures) located in London. This role has a salary of £65,000 - £75,000 dependant on experience.
The role will be involved with multiple projects, will include a varied workload whilst offering the autonomy to work individually, but will also assist in planning and managing appropriate resources to deliver projects. Reporting to a Director, you will provide support in delivering projects effectively to strict deadlines, whilst maintaining technical performance standards.
- To assist and deputise, when required, for the Director in leading, managing and taking responsibility for the technical and commercial performance of your designated projects.
- Assume financial responsibility for all projects in so far as your Director requires i.e. management of resources to deliver the anticipated cost to complete the work
- Price work within the parameters agreed by the Directors, and show a good understanding of market value of services
- To keep abreast of industry best practice and new developments in your own area of technical expertise.
- Broaden the range of services provided to new and existing clients
- To develop and maintain an effective network of contacts and participate in industry events (seminars, conferences, etc).
- To contribute to management of all technical and commercial aspects of commissions.
- To lead, set and maintain technical standards.
- To review and approve work prepared by others.
- Manage the training and career development of staff, including the development and provision of internal courses/seminars
- Have a sound understanding of the CDM Regulations, specifically the Designers requirements
- Degree qualified Chartered Engineer in a relevant discipline, or an Engineer with lower qualifications but a minimum 10 years relevant experience.
- Shall have a good commercial awareness and judgement.
- Have the drive and self-motivation to continuously develop your skills.
- Be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and to be able to build and develop relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to lead and motivate staff by example.