Anglo Technical Recruitment ( 115 jobs)
- UK, Scotland, East Lothian
- Full time
- Eligibility to work: UK
Our client have an exciting opportunity for a Quality co-ordinator/ Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) Advisor to join their team in East Lothian on a contract basis.
Primary purpose of role;
Our client currently has an opportunity for a SHE Advisor to support the Project Team in the delivery of an Energy Recovery Plant in East Lothian, Scotland.
The role will support by providing expertise to ensure that the project is delivered safely and to environmental standards to meet client expectations.
• Support the client in fulfilling its environmental and CDM 2015 responsibilities for the successful management of the project.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships between the duty holders for the successful delivery of the project.
• Monitor and assess the effectiveness of the Principal Contractor and Principal Designer Processes, Procedures and Standards implemented for delivering the pre-construction and construction phases of the project.
• Positively influence the H&S culture across the project and throughout the supply chain.
• Provide advice and assistance to the Client Project Manager in implementing and maintaining the Client Health and Safety Plan.
• Carry out regular joint site inspections, tours and audits with the PC to ensure the H&S arrangements are being implemented effectively throughout the supply chain
• Feeding back trends in findings to the Client Project Manager.
• Assist in defining and managing interfaces and relationships between the client and the contractors, participating in meetings etc as required
• Verify site security arrangements are being implemented effectively.
• Confirm emergency arrangements are robust and being tested effectively.
• Attending and participating in regular progress and project meetings, as required as a good method of ensuring that the project is managed in line with Client’s expectations and is meeting legal requirements.
• Assess effectiveness of emergency reporting processes to ensure all serious incidents are reported by the responsible parties to the Client Project Manager as soon as possible and that all serious incidents are effectively investigated and actions identified and implemented to prevent recurrence.
• Maintain relevant records on H&S performance are kept in a suitable format (hard or electronic) for internal analysis and external reporting purposes
• Constructively share positive highlights and opportunities for improvement within and across the project
• Demonstrate leadership of, and commitment to, H&S by setting a high personal example at all times.
• Assist in the capture of lessons learnt and ensure these are actioned to ensure continuous improvement.
• Produce weekly and monthly H&S reports to inform senior management of risks and performance.
• Provide comprehensive support during the installation and commissioning phases of the project
Professionally qualified or working towards professional status through a relevant institution
Experience within the energy industry and in particular energy from waste projects
Computer literate with a good understanding of appropriate software packages
Experience of supply chain management (with emphasis health, safety and wellbeing outcomes)
Experienced in developing and implementing HS&E Plans
Application of risk management principles
Knowledge and skills in the in the planning, specification, design, procurement and commissioning of projects
Knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordance with HS&E procedures.
Able to integrate well into a team
Ability to support decision making process
Good communication skills both written and oral
Ability to work within a team and as well as with minimal supervision
Strong client relationship management skill
Flexible approach to work
- Date: 13.06.2018
- Deadline: 13.07.2018
- Quote ref: 3653/18468