Project Manager - Water
- Deadline: 08.03.2024
Our client is a water provider across the South of England and there has never been a better time to join their organisation as they build towards a greener future, tackling climate change, minimising their environmental impact and reducing their carbon footprint!
The company is excited to be recruiting for a new Project Manager for their Water Process Project Delivery division responsible for the end-to-end delivery of their allocated project, driving resilience and asset-based projects forwards to ensure the company's investment plan is delivered to a high quality, on time and within budget
Working with the Senior Project Manager, you will be working on the delivery of strategic water construction projects within Kent and Sussex with clarity of delivery timescales and simplify programme complexities to allow the business to make informed decisions on investment to reduce business risk. Your key responsibilities would include:
- Ensuring effective project governance and assurance is in place using Assurance functions as appropriate
- Collaborative and integrated team working with Delivery Partners to maximise efficiency opportunities
- Leading, motivating team and setting objectives aligned to agreed project delivery outputs
- Managing the NEC contract and administering it through CEMAR based on delegated authority
- Resolving issues escalated to project level by coordination and collaboration with the Senior Project Manager and other Senior Managers of the company
- Engaging with assigned Stakeholders, particularly Customers, Operations, Asset Management, and Delivery, in accordance with overall delivery Communication Plan
- Commissioning, handover and closing the project in a controlled fashion
- Procurement including negotiations with supply community
- Correctly capturing and maintaining compliance with the risk information in Programme Insight Manager
The company prides itself on the development opportunities that they are able to offer, and in their Projects team this can include support towards further APM qualifications and a clear career path to become a Senior Project Manager in time or other opportunities within the business.
This role will make excellent use of your previous experience in end-to-end Project Management, particularly within Water, Utilities or Engineering industries. Ideally you will have a foundation qualification in Project Management (e.g Prince2 or APM), but this is an area they can support you with so isn’t essential.