Project Manager - WATER
- Deadline: 07.03.2024
My client is a UK consultancy that works in the water sectors and they are currently looking to recruit a Project Manager to work on their Scottish Water contract.
As a/the Project Manager, Water you will be part of their Operations Team who are responsible for safe, efficient and cost-effective planning, management and delivery of Water Projects across Scotland.
Caledonia Water Alliance, (a partnership between our client and Morrison Water Services) will support the delivery of the SR21 Scottish Water Capital Investment Programme, a six-year water and wastewater infrastructure pan Scotland programme)
As the Project Manager your duties & responsibilities will include:
• The leading of projects from engagement to completion.
• Management and leadership for strategies of health, safety and environmental to drive the highest standards.
• Delivery of projects to the agreed requirements of time, cost and quality.
• Work closely with their PMO Planning Team to build X19 contractual programmes and monitor progress.
• Working closely with their Construction Team to ensure targets are understood.
• Working closely with their Commercial Team to control project LBE/Target Cost/monthly forecasting and expenditure through the project life cycle.
• Management of change through the project life cycle.
• Management and administration of the Scottish Water Project Governance process
• Working to ensure the company are not working at risk
• Preparation of progress reports for the Management Team.
• Project Management experience, preferably gained in the water industry, ideally with Scottish Water.
• Communication - hold regular status meetings with internal and external stakeholders/Facilitate team and client meetings effectively
• Ability to resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
• Drive projects forward whilst embracing innovation and alternative ways of working
• Leadership skills – visible Health & Safety leadership/challenge others to develop and act as a role model
• Relationships – ability to develop lasting relationships with Client personnel.
• Ensure the company and Scottish Water maintain a positive public image by following good practice and adopting a considerate attitude
- Must have an engineering degree
- Must have Project Management experience in the water / utilities sectors