Job Title : Project Manager ( Gas / Utilities)
Location : Central London
Salary : £55,000 - £65,000
• Accountable for the successful management of projects, attending pre-start meetings, devising a strategic programme of works at the start of the contract and continually monitoring progress to ensure projects achieve targets in respect of safety, time, cost, quality and customer satisfaction.
• Responsible for preparation and effective management of the project producing the overall Project Delivery Plan and associated detailed short term programmes and, where necessary, in conjunction with the Operations/Contracts Manager, making amendments to maintain the overall Plan. Take all necessary actions to ensure that work is carried out within the project requirements and timescales.
• Overall responsibility for the project including design, safety, quality management, resource planning, programme management and commercial management.
• Manage the Company’s obligations and rights under the terms of the contract.
• Act as a visibly strong leader of HSQ&E, promoting high standards of health and safety and environmental management by attending Health & Safety Meetings, developing Health and Safety Plans, ensuring compliance with Company procedures, carrying out SHEQ and quality audits and setting a good example.
• Ensure that all HSQ&E activity and reporting is accurate, legally compliant and within group policies, highlighting and resolving concerns when identified.
• Ensure that projects are staffed adequately and led and managed effectively and maintain high levels of commitment and morale; ensure at all times that good two-way communication occurs. Ensuring strong team ethic.
• Actively support the Contracts Manager in the management of areas of opportunity and risk that may impact on the business plan
• Must have a good working knowledge of low-pressure gas distribution networks
• Must have experience of working on MOB’s
• Must be an experienced Project Manager who can organise and manage the completion of site works from a delivery, HSQE and commercial perspective
• Commercial and Programming awareness
• Site management safety certificate (SMSTS / IOSH Managing Safely)
• Proven track record of successful delivery of projects from start to finish.
• Proficient using Microsoft Office programmes; incl. Excel, Word, Outlook.
• Experience on similar works would be advantageous.
• Experience managing high value projects or portfolios.
• Willing to travel on a weekly basis, lodging where required.
• Full UK driving license