Project Manager - Environmental Services
- Deadline: 07.03.2024
Our client is a UK wide engineering & environmental consultancy and they are looking to recruit Project Managers from an Environmental background for their offices in either Manchester or London.
This is a chance to join a team leading the delivery of Environmental Services projects including contaminated land (investigation, assessment and remediation), due diligence, environmental compliance and facility decommissioning projects for multinational industrial clients. The individual should have a good technical understanding and experience in Environmental Services projects. The position would suit a dynamic individual that is comfortable in a client facing role and comfortable working in a multidisciplinary team and is confident in managing projects, managing sub-contractors and reviewing project outputs.
The Project Manager, working with the technical teams ensures the client successfully deliver projects to the client in accordance with their health and safety and contract obligations on time, to cost and of suitable quality.
The Project Manager in collaboration with the technical team will prepare project bids including cost and budgeted profit, time, methodology and quality and present these to our Client and negotiate a contract either under framework agreements or standard terms and conditions.
Responsibilities for this role include:
• Undertake project planning and be responsible for ensuring they are delivered to profit, timeliness and quality and technical standards to meet both client expectations.
• Act as a key contact with the Client throughout all stages of the project lifecycle, including pursuits and bids as well as project execution, delivery and closeout.
• Lead liaison with regulators and other stakeholders with support from the technical team.
• Have a full understanding of the contractual obligations and lead the team to deliver what we have promised. The project must meet or exceed the clients budgeted financial performance goals.
• Understand the clients technical capabilities and develop relationships with sub-contractors to allow the delivery of project requirements.
• Be commercially aware and experienced at providing cost effective solutions in a highly competitive market. Analytical and technical writing skills are important but above all else a flexible and collaborative attitude to solving problems is critical to this role.
• Be experienced in managing projects with high standards of health and safety. You will join an award-winning specialist employer with a strong client base and an excellent reputation for the delivery of challenging work, on time and on budget.
• Ensure the project adheres to the clients Project Delivery Framework and all Operational policies and procedures.
• Determine clients’ needs and achieve the results to meet or exceed their expectations.
• Ability to build, maintain and manage strong client relationships. This is key to success on existing work as well as winning more work from clients.
• Co-ordinate resources in liaison with technical team managers efficiently.
• Have a good knowledge of health and safety requirements, including Construction Design & Management Regulations 2015 Principal Contractor and Principal Designer roles and promote health, safety and wellbeing best practice to those directly involved in each project, including subsequent users.
• Assist with the mentoring, motivation and development of staff. The Clients staff can develop their skills through job based learning and with this in mind it is essential that the client treat each assignment as a learning opportunity for their staff.
• All Project Managers must attend project management-training sessions required for their “equivalent” level within the Project Management Career Family (PMCF). Likewise, all Project Managers will obtain the stipulated project management certification required for their level within the PMCF.
• Degree qualified (or equivalent) with a relevant degree and gained Chartership with your relevant professional body. This could be with an Environmental and / or Project Management professional body demonstrating professional competence. It is desirable that you have an appropriate project management qualification, such as APMP.
• A clear understanding of the work programme and the contribution expected of you and your colleagues and be committed to deliver the agreed work plan to the timescale and standards required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• An understanding of the processes in place to deliver streams of work and ensure that clients, managers and others are kept informed of the potential for significant changes to the work plan – unexpected delays or outcomes, changes in resource requirements and an inability to gain commitment from other key contributors.
• A customer focused approach demonstrating an understanding of, and appropriate response to, the expectations of the client and external customers the role holder must work with.
• Work to the client’s statement of values and ethics whilst working effectively with colleagues whose work will be impacted by your activities, and additionally where you will be affected - managing the interdependencies.
• Committed to managing and reviewing your work on a regular basis with an ability to work without close supervision and pride in consistently delivering work to required standards and deadlines.
• You will be able to make positive contribution to work teams by defining and setting the direction of a team.
• Punctual and attentive and competent in adhering to the clients policies, procedures and working practices.
• Ability to make decisions as well as identifying, assessing, evaluating and solving problems.
• Assist others to manage fluctuations in workload.
• Flexible approach to travel.