Project Manager - Drainage
Location : Wakefield / Leeds
Salary : £40,000 - £45,000
Main Purpose of the Job
The Surface Water Management team in our Wakefield office is currently recruiting for a Senior Engineer / Project Manager. The team works on diverse flood resilience, flood alleviation, drainage, infrastructure, and environmental projects for a range of private and public sector clients. As a result of current work and increased project wins, we are seeking an individual to work as part of the growing team delivering these projects providing effective project management and technical input.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Management of assigned projects as required with good commercial awareness and financial control
Carry out technical and other work as required on assigned projects whilst ensuring high levels of safety, quality and environmental responsibility
Technical quality of own and team’s work in accordance with good engineering practice, relevant standards, Codes of Practice, current design methods and Health & Safety legislation
Prepare feasibility, designs, design calculations, tender documentation, scheme evaluations, design statements and other reports as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
Check work including third party design proposals as identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
Carry out other duties identified in the Project Quality Plan on assigned projects
Supervise technical work of staff as required by the Department Manager
Have a good understanding of all relevant standards, Codes of Practice, Health & Safety Legislation and current design methods and provide general technical support to own discipline team members
Assist with the preparation and maintenance of standard specifications as required
Engage in client and third party liaison successfully leading to enhanced reputation and repeat work
Assist with the promotion of the capabilities of the company to current and prospective clients
Comply with internal management system procedures.
Qualifications • Civil Engineering degree or similar
• Professionally qualified (ICE or CIWEM)
• Chartered Engineer or close to gaining Chartership
Experience • Minimum of 5 years’ experience of water based projects relating to Flood defences and water courses
• Experience of drainage design and designing and implementing SuDS for new developments and as retrofit.
• Experience of modelling of surface water drainage, watercourses and waste water networks, preferably using MicroDrainage.
• Proficient in using AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
• A solid understanding of engineering gained from working on both construction sites and design offices
• Experience of modelling using Infoworks ICM (Incl. 2D), Flood Modeller, and TUFLOW (1D-ESTRY & 2D).
• A good understanding of the responsibilities and collaborative funding mechanisms of water companies, lead local flood authorities and the Environment Agency in relation to flood risk and drainage.
Skills • Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills
• Be able to work well in teams and provide effective direction to graduates and technicians
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to represent PF at client and stakeholder meetings.
• A good understanding of the responsibilities of water companies, lead local flood authorities and Environment Agency in relation to flood risk and drainage
• A practical knowledge and experience of drainage design, assessment, and maintenance work.