Our client is a major design, engineering and project management consultancy who has been rapidly growing within various sectors and who is looking for multiple experienced professionals to join them on permanent basis. This role is for a Project Roles Manager to join their team in Birmingham.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Establish and manage the Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB) and lead the Project Control deliverable to collate monthly KPI & progress data related to time, cost, risk and quality for the purposes of monthly business reporting.
- Accountable for delivering the project requirements around earned value management by setting the PMB or implementing amendments to the current PMB, agreeing on the progress methodology and timely submission of project actuals with the contractor and spearheading the production of EV reports for monthly business reviews.
- Work closely with the Head of Project Controls to improve/sustain operating policies, procedures & processes, and ensure its proper application by the Project Controls team when conducting risk, planning and cost management activities.
- Lead the execution of the change management process on the project as mandated by governance. Chair and/or facilitate the necessary project level change forums, escalate change papers that require additional approvals and ensure all decisions are enacted within the change control system and toolsets.
Support the Project Lead /Head of Programme by providing specialist advice and technical knowledge to resolve delays, issues, and other challenges throughout the project.
- Integration of schedule, cost, quality, and risk to drive expedient project delivery.
- Lead programme/project reporting, taking ownership for its quality, accuracy and robustness, and ensure the monthly project review pack is compiled and presented to the Project lead and other senior stakeholders.
- Provide interpretation of the data in the monthly reporting to support prompt decision making.
- Co-ordinate multiple contributors to conduct change impact assessments and support Programme Management team in driving agreement on ‘best for Programme’ decisions.
- As a leader, you will set individuals' objectives, review performance, undertake appraisals, provide ongoing formal and informal feedback, and ensure all staff know what they must achieve and how they're performing against their objectives.
- Undertake self-assessment of procedural compliance, sharing lessons learned and best-practice within the Project Controls community.
- Support Head of Project Controls in preparation for and, or attendance at meetings to deliver market and strategy insights to client's senior commercial teams.