Programme Manager - Infrastructure
- Deadline: 07.03.2024
Our client is a leading engineering multi disciplinary consultancy and they are looking for Infrastructure Programme Managers to continue to lead their projects .
Their growth has been built on their excellent service and expertise of their people. They are a multi award winning business. So, you'll be part of a team where their standards are high, as are the rewards. You'll support that continuous improvement and benefit from the expertise that comes with a global Project and Programme Management consultancy. Work with them as a Programme Manager and play a central role in making exciting and diverse projects a reality. Valued up to £100m, your projects will range across the infrastructure sector. You'll be trusted to lead your team. Their portfolio of structured training and project and programme opportunities will help you expand your career in line with your aspirations.
- Supports the leadership, direction and management of smaller complexity programmes or assists a Programme Director on a major and complex programme.
- Supports managing relationships with senior stakeholders and providing a leadership role to the programme team and project managers.
- Leading and directing the planning within the programme - ensuring plans are developed with clear activities, milestones and dependencies.
- Experience as the named Project Manager on NEC.
- Ensure all work and outputs are executed to meet programme objectives and goals, taking effective actions to ensure programme milestones are achieved.
- Experience having delivered either capital or revenue highways schemes.
- Support the establishment of programme delivery organisations.
- Manage programmes of work, often within complex stakeholder environments.
- Working with clients to understand and achieve outcomes.
- Support and sometimes lead stakeholder engagement across the programme, including senior members of the Clients Team.
- Accurate and timely reporting of programme forecasts and delivery to customer programme teams.
- Support the P3M lead and management team in continually improving their service delivery toolkit and establishing best practice in the Programme community.
- Define and implement appropriate programme governance and controls to align with industry best practice and meet client needs.
- Work closely with other members of the P3M and colleagues across the business to create reports, understand the data, create actions and manage them through to completion.
- Innovate processes, approaches and styles of data handling, conversion and querying.
- Analyse and review information from a range of data sources in order to identify how different options may impact programme delivery. Advise clients and internal stakeholders on potential implications.
- Collaboration with other offices, service lines, sectors and the wider business to provide combined and innovative solutions to improve their competitive advantage within the Programme and Portfolio arena.
- Undergraduate/Masters degree level education required. Preferably in a construction or engineering related subject however this is not essential.
- Programme Management related experience, preferably in a construction, energy, transportation or infrastructure context.
- Awareness and understanding of the component parts of projects and programmes.
- Experience of delivering in a programme environment.
- Confident knowledge of appropriate reporting tools.
- Confident use of Microsoft Office and knowledge of role related software, including Power Platform & Power Query.
- High standard of proficiency in oral and written communication with attention to detail.
- This is a great opportunity for an up and coming star in the programme management sector.
- Ability to work in an agile manner, working flexibly to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Charismatic, resourceful, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Individually strong but a good team player.
- Engaging and approachable with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Able to inspire the next generation.
- Innovative, with ability to coach and support others.