Job title: Principal Structural Engineer
Salary: £Negotiable – subject to experience/level –
What is on offer for you:
• Pension scheme
• Salary Sacrifice Scheme
• Death in Service benefit
• Initial 25 days holiday (3 held for the Christmas period)
• Additional holiday can be accrued in accordance with the number of years services, up to a total of 28 days
• The option to bank, buy or sell holiday each year after one years’ service
• Long service awards including additional days off and cash awards
• Flexible working
• Paid professional membership
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a unique consultancy who are looking for a new team member to join the current team of engineers and technicians
at their Oxfordshire office.
My client work on a variety of projects large and small across most sectors including commercial, R&D, energy and residential and always have something interesting in the pipeline. Within these sectors they also work on new build and refurbishment projects.
- Minimum qualification - degree in Structural or Civil Engineering
-Chartered, or working towards Chartered status
-Minimum of 8 years’ post-qualification experience in relevant structural design
-An ability to prepare structural designs in all conventional materials and experience in
-An ability to take a global view of structural design on a project, identifying potential
problems and solutions and providing advice to clients on design options
- Hybrid working model – 2/3 days in office and WFH
- At a strategic level you will prepare an outline brief, visit site, review information including
- planning history and services. You will prepare preliminary layouts, assist in budget and
- programming and assess all the risks.
- Prepare technical details for Architectural design and prepare technical specifications
- Liaise and attend meetings with Architects, clients, subcontractors and other professionals
- whilst carrying out duties and at all times represent the business, in a professional and
- courteous way.