Our Client is currently looking for a Principal Process Engineer (Clean Water Municipal) to work in their location in Manchester.
Principal Process Engineer is one of the company’s leading specialists in process optimisation and design. The role will report to the Chief Process Engineer (Water).
The role will lead on process engineering input to clean water municipal schemes for major projects and provide direction to the development of the company's Asset Optimisation value proposition for Northern UK clients.
You will be responsible for:
- Process engineering design and optimisation services for clean water projects as part of a collaborative multi-disciplined project delivery team
- Growing the capability and product offering of process engineering services to the water sector, developing innovative process-led solutions in our existing frameworks and capital programmes
- Leading optimisation studies at feasibility and concept design stages, with accountability for quality, budget and schedule
- Development of process optimisation schemes, initiatives, and solutions at both site and programme level. These schemes will mitigate risk, return sites to compliance, or enable low or -no build solutions to be provided for new permit drivers
- Technical assurance and support to process engineers working on clean water projects including:
- Technical responsibility for work carried out by the process engineering discipline in the clean water sector
- Ensuring that the process engineering discipline produces safe, sustainable, economic and technically sound engineering designs, in accordance with company policies and standards, meeting the Client’s requirements
- Driving innovation and continuous improvement in the work processes and tools used for design work-
- Performing own design work and checking/approving work of others
- Supporting our business development directors to develop opportunities for asset optimisation services as part of our integrated solutions
- Providing technical thought leadership and strategic consultancy advice to clients and joint venture partners
- Ensuring that assigned staff have the necessary technical skills and experience through:
- Providing line management to assigned process engineers
- Supporting recruitment
- Identification and organisation of training and development needs for direct line reports
- Provision of support and coaching to individuals as required.
- Setting of clear performance objectives, with assessment of performance and delivery of feedback