Principal Flood Risk & Drainage Consultant
Quote ref: 648/22773
Our Client is a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy, that provides structural and civil engineering, planning, design, and consulting services. They are currently seeking a Principal Flood Risk & Drainage Consultant to join their team in London
The Drainage and Flood Risk team in their London office is currently recruiting for an experienced Principal or Associate to lead and develop the direction and capabilities of the team. The team works on diverse flood risk, flood alleviation, drainage strategy and drainage infrastructure projects for a range of private and public sector clients, focused on land and building developments. As a result of their current work and increased project wins, they are seeking a client focused, technically competent, motivated and credible person with extensive experience of working in London to lead the team delivering these projects, while providing a high level of client satisfaction.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing the specialist flood risk management and drainage team in London;
- Client satisfaction through focus on their needs with effective, timely communication
- Project management of flooding and drainage related projects for strategic / important developments;
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and organisational skills;
- Line management and mentoring of individuals within the team;
- Carrying out own discipline technical and other work as required on assigned projects;
- Technical quality of work from team (own discipline);
- Business development – working with others to contribute to bids and proposals and lead own team’s bids and proposals
- Marketing – actively promote othe capabilities of the company to current and prospective clients.
• Suitable science or civil engineering degree
• Minimum 10 years’ experience
• Experience contributing towards tender responses and bids
• A very good understanding of lead local flood authorities and the Environment Agency in relation to flood risk and drainage.
• Knowledge of the London LLFAs.
• Experience of drainage design and designing and implementing SuDS for new developments and as retrofit.