- Deadline: 07.03.2024
My client is an environmental consultancy across the UK and they are looking to recruit for Principal Ecologists for their operations in the North & Midlands regions.
Applications are particularly welcome from ecologists who have botany as a specialism and are, or could be certified at FISC level 4 or above.
- Hold an appropriate degree qualification;
- Have a minimum of 8 years’ relevant work experience;
- Have excellent knowledge of UK and European environmental legislation;
- Have excellent fieldwork and report writing skills including protected species surveys, EPSM applications, ES chapters and ecological management plans;
- Be able to critically review own output and possess a minimum 5 years’ experience in reviewing others’ work;
- Be competent in the survey of and mitigation for 2 or more of the following key protected species: bats, badgers, breeding birds, dormouse, great crested newts, reptiles, and water voles;
- Hold an EPS and/or conservation licence for one or more of the above species groups, and preferably be a Registered consultant on the class license scheme for one or more of the above species groups:
- Have proven project and staff management experience;
- Be confident and able to manage own workload, be proactive in managing projects and be able to delegate to and provide support to junior staff as appropriate;
- Be proficient in customer service and the ability to deliver and lead training events and workshops, both internally to the company and externally to clients and other stakeholders;
- Hold full membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) and preferably CEcoL;
- Have proven qualities of a proactive self-starter with an ability to use own initiative when appropriate;
- Have a full clean UK driving licence.
- They also have a specific requirement for an experienced ecologist with experience in high level reptile mitigation.