Principal Drainage Design Engineer
- Deadline: 07.03.2024
Our client is a leading engineering design consultancy that team provides drainage design services to Highway, Rail, Private Developer, Energy and Water markets. Due to a growing workload they are keen to strengthen their existing teams in the Cardiff office.
Our client requires a Principal Drainage Engineer to join their Cardiff team. You will be required to undertake a key role in a broad range of drainage design schemes including for Infrastructure, Transportation, Private Developer and Water Company projects. There will be a strong emphasis on highway drainage and development drainage including SuDS. As well as delivering the drainage design, you will be responsible in supporting the leadership and development of their drainage capability.
- Leading the design of drainage designs from concept to detailed design and construction, as stand-alone projects or as part of larger multi-disciplinary schemes.
- Promoting development of digital solutions in drainage design including full integration of designs within the BIM environment.
- Overseeing and reviewing the production of drainage designs, models, calculations and drawings to relevant standards, including providing technical assurance of designs.
- Determining and assigning drainage design tasks and managing delivery to programme and budget.
- Leading and encouraging the technical development of apprentices, graduate and assistant engineers in the drainage discipline.
- Ensuring compliance with business management standards set in the company’s quality, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Managing and developing client and stakeholder relationships to support the development of the drainage design and consents process as well as helping to secure repeat work.
- Supporting the drainage discipline locally to develop and enhance the drainage design capability within the local team.
- Leading drainage designs, managing the interface and providing technical assurance for drainage designs produced in their Global Design Centre.
- Championing the role of drainage within a multi-disciplinary project.
- Providing technical input to the preparation of bids including provision of Quality Submission responses on drainage strategy and design approach and input to price via preparation of fee proposals and associated program for delivery including assessment of risk.
- Professionally Qualified with the ICE, CIWEM or similar.
- Ability to design all aspects of drainage from conceptual layout to detailed design.
- Familiarity with hydraulic design software, 3D design tools and BIM.
- Ability to prepare reports and specifications and to collect other data and statistics necessary for the preparation of progress and technical reports.
- Ability to identify and respond to our clients’ values in a competitive market sector.
- Candidates are required to be self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a larger multi-disciplinary team in leading and managing packages of work to completion.
- Ability to identify, manage and develop project scopes and manage budgets, programme and the quality of deliverables.
- A flexible individual, a team player, with a developed attention to detail, shows initiative, proactive and able to deliver to set deadlines.
- Supportive approach to mentoring less experienced members of the team.
- Good leadership qualities.
- Experience in working for both private and public sector clients and knowledge of the different drivers and approaches to management and procurement.