Principal Consultant - Social Value / Impact
- Deadline: 07.03.2024
My client is a leading environmental consultancy and they are in the market for a Principal Consultant to work alongside socio-economic and environmental consultants and planners in their London office.
You will be responsible for helping to develop and shape my clients social value / impact offer and in helping to grow this area of the business. You will provide specialist advice and hands-on support to clients around social impact and value policy and strategy.
Clients range from major UK developers, infrastructure providers to central and local government.
You may also get involved in supporting other business development activities and in contributing to the activities of the wider Communities team as appropriate. My client's focus is currently on socio-economic, health and equalities impact assessment.
You will have extensive knowledge of techniques, frameworks and approaches to measuring and monitoring and creating social value, e.g. social return on investment (SROI). In addition, they would appreciate specialist knowledge in one or more of the following:
▪ Social infrastructure appraisal and delivery;
▪ Employment, training and skills development;
▪ Health and wellbeing;
▪ Community consultation;
▪ Environmental economics, ecosystems services or natural capital accounting; and
▪ Economic appraisal / modelling or business case preparation.
▪ Be highly capable of working on your own initiative and as part of a team, including managing and directing more junior staff and project teams;
▪ Understand the principles and practice of social value / impact and have a strong interest in developing business and skills in this area;
▪ Have significant experience in social infrastructure, social value, economic development or related areas;
▪ Understand the challenges facing urban environments and the value of providing an integrated offer including socio-economics, planning and technical services;
▪ Be used to articulating the big picture and strategic context of projects or stakeholders;
▪ Have demonstrable experience in bid preparation and wider business development – be a proven work winner; and
▪ Have the ability to manage complex, multiworkstream projects, possibly in parallel or conflicting timescales.
They also expect the successful candidate will:
▪ Hold relevant qualifications in this or related areas demonstrating an extensive interest; and
▪ Be a member of an appropriate membership organisation or institute such as Social Value UK.