A multi-disciplinary design consultancy is looking for a Principal Drainage & Flood Risk Engineer to join their Flood and Water Management Team based in their London office. The company are well established and have offices in various UK locations. They work on some excellent, high profile projects which will enable enhance your career.
• Providing a flood risk management service as required by the Flood Risk Regulations 2009 and the Flood and Water Management Act 2010.
• Leading SuDS and Drainage design schemes
• Leading catchment modelling schemes
• Undertaking duties of the Lead Local Flood Authority managing flood risk from surface water, groundwater and ordinary water courses.
• Providing all support and advice to the client in accordance with the Local Flood Risk Management Strategy
• Monitoring service registers and providing monthly updates to the client
• Managing and supporting junior members of the Flood and Water Management team
The ideal candidate:
• Degree in Flood Risk Management, Civil engineering, or equivalent
• A Chartered Engineer or working towards chartered membership
• A solid portfolio of experience having worked on local authority flood risk management
• Knowledge of Flood Risk Regulations 2009 and Flood & Water Management Act 2010
• Good knowledge of the SuDS Manual, the vetting of planning applications and the checking of Micro Drainage calculations
• Strong organisational, analytical and communication skills
• Knowledge of modelling of surface water drainage, watercourses and wastewater networks