Job Title: Principal Civil Design Engineer (Water)
Location: East Grinstead
Salary : £40,000 - £50,000
Job Description Summary
We are looking for a Principal Civil Design Engineer to join an enthusiastic and growing Water design team.
As part of my clients Utilities Sector, the multi-disciplinary Water team delivers a range of projects for Water Companies, Contractors and Developers. These currently range from large Wastewater Treatment facilities in the South East, water pipelines and pumping stations in Northern Ireland, to utility diversion works on HS2.
Through their ongoing successes, they continue to build their design capacity and are looking for a Principal Civil Engineer. Working closely with the Civil Director, you will provide technical oversight and direction within the design team for the delivery of Water and Wastewater projects, as well as providing Civil design support on a range of multi-disciplinary schemes. The role is based in East Grinstead to service projects both locally and remotely in the wider GB and Ireland.
• Ensuring health and safety is a given in all we do;
• Providing leadership in the delivery of Water and Wastewater design projects;
• Lead the planning and delivery of detailed design and reviewing design submissions to ensure compliance with contract requirements;
• Setting and maintaining standards for technical quality, ensuring designs meet Client specification;
• Writing and reviewing technical deliverables
• Management and coordination of resources for design and feasibility projects across the sector;
• Ensuring project financial and programme performance;
• Work closely alongside our client partners and form positive long-lasting working relationships;
• Managing other design team members through mentoring and development of junior staff, with scope to continue building the team;
• Opportunity to support business development through close working relationships with clients, tender preparation and resource/price allocation.
• A Civil Engineering degree with a minimum of 10 years’ experience;
• Have achieved Chartered status;
• Demonstrable technical experience in delivery of Water and/or Wastewater infrastructure and non-infrastructure design and build projects. This may include gravity/pressure pipelines, pumping stations, treatment facilities and RC structures etc.;
• Leading multi-disciplinary project teams to deliver projects within agreed scope, timeframes and budgets;
• Excellent knowledge of the Water industry, including current industry best practice and innovations;
• Track record of liaising with Clients and managing projects;
• Strong ability to work in a team environment, both internally and with Client partners;
• Experience of budget management and financial performance;
• Working knowledge and experience of the NEC suite of contracts and procurement options
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Possessing one or more fields of specific expertise is an advantage, such as water retaining design, network modelling and software, zonal studies etc.;
• Full UK driving licence (clean) is beneficial;