Job description: Pre-Contract Manager UK
My client design and manufacture built to order, precast concrete infrastructure solutions for construction and civil engineering applications in the Water, Aviation, Energy, Data, and Pharmaceutical industries. We provide engineered solutions which maximise the off-site construction capability of concrete related infrastructure, allowing projects to be delivered faster, with reduced labour requirements on site. Our mission is to become the go to design and manufacture supplier of fully off-site manufactured concrete solutions, or hybrid semi-precast concrete solutions such as our modular attenuation and water tank system.
This growth has coincided with continued investment to increase our production capacity and the development of new product solutions. Due to continued growth, we are currently looking to recruit an additional Pre-Contracts Manager to our UK based team. The Pre-Contract Manager will generate project enquiries, develop a proposed solution with our engineering team, lead the tender bid, co-ordinate and manage secured projects, and in some cases form a key part of the delivery or install element of the project.
Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Director, the successful candidate will:
· Generate their own leads from their existing network, as well as take up telephone and website enquiries for projects. A significant part of the role will involve building long term client relationships.
· Liaise directly with client engineers, project managers, QS to develop an understanding of the optimum solution for their construction project.
· Present technical and commercial proposals to prospective clients, seeking feedback on proposals.
· Work closely with the client's project manager, estimator, and quantity surveyor to progress the project from an enquiry to an order.
· Handover of the project once an order has been received to the operations team to allow the full design stage to commence and production schedule to be put in place.
· Monitor progress of the project through design, manufacture, delivery, and installation (if applicable) stages to ensure the client is satisfied with the service being provided.
This will be achieved through working closely with:
· our estimating, sales, design, manufacturing, delivery, and installation departments.
· our in-house team of Structural Engineers and REVIT modelers to develop an outline design solution proposal
· our estimators to develop a commercial offer for our solution.
Key Requirements for this Role Include:
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Excellent interpersonal, written and spoken communication skills.
· Ability to interpret tender drawings and specifications.
· Extensive knowledge of the construction industry, with a keen interest in modern methods of construction.
· Good project management skills.
· Commercial awareness and experience in working under construction contracts
· Proven track record in the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and to prioritise deadlines using one's own initiative.
· Ability to proactively problem solve in a structured, logical manner.
· Understand the importance of confidentiality and the ability to deal with confidential information in an appropriate manner.
· Strong computer skills required, for example, Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
The ability to discuss the technical aspects of the design, production, handling, and installation of large scale precast concrete elements would be beneficial, however training can also be provided in this area.
The Ideal Candidate for this Role would:
§ Be an independent, self-motivated individual with strong commercial awareness, good interpersonal, problem solving, analytical and communication skills.
§ Have the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels of a business, to get things done without direct line authority, exercise personal influence, resolve issues, and bring about required outcomes.
§ Proactively seek feedback, recognise their own capabilities, and take the initiative to continuously improve.