Quote ref: 9920/27907
Our client is a leading Tier 1 main contractor that works in the water, civils & rail sectors and they are looking for a freelance Planning Engineer from a Site background for one of their major projects in central London
Our client is looking to strengthen their Planning Team with a freelance Planning Engineer for their contract in central London . You will be planning and programming civil engineering works at Pre Construction and Construction stage, updating and reporting progress during construction and re-programming if required, presentation/dissemination of planning/programming philosophy. You will report directly to the Planning Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
• Work within pre construction team as part of the planning function
• Assist in the preparation of well-engineered sub-programmes.
• Assess temporary works requirements and value engineering solutions.
• Assess major quantities and assess errors/discrepancies.
• Support the presentation of programme philosophy and pre construction strategy advantages at review stage
• Support Senior Planning Engineer at client presentations
• Prepare and or develop from pre-construction programme, well-engineered contract programmes, which contribute to successful project outcome in terms of time and cost.
• Prepare monitoring systems and monitor contract progress.
• Prepare monthly progress reports for submission with monthly report and present at monthly progress meetings with Client.
• Prepare compensation event programmes and narratives, which facilitate successful compensation event resolution.
• Ad hoc duties as job requires
• Understanding of Utilities planning NRSWA.
• Understanding of multi-disciplinary construction as relevant in the water / civils/ rail industry.
• Understanding of various methods of planning, programming and progress monitoring.
• Understanding of risk and opportunity management with particular reference to planning/programming.
• Understanding of the construction market, methods of construction, plant, equipment and labour requirements.
• Relevant CSCS Card
• Primavera P6 proficient.