Our client is looking to strengthen their Planning Team with a Planning Engineer working within their business in Scotland.
As a Planning Engineer you will be expected to provide planning services under the appropriate supervision of a senior planning engineer to ensure that project plans have achievable but challenging timescales and are accurately monitored and updated. You will also need some knowledge of NEC programme expectations.
We are looking for a Planning Engineer that has experience/knowledge in:
• Planning systems. P6, MSP & 4D Synchro preferable.
• Enable Project Management to control the progress of contracts by identifying and producing integrated programmes of work, monitoring performance against plans and identifying problem areas and other effects.
• Minimise project risk by identifying the critical path and conflicting logic.
• Enable resource planning and levelling by appropriate resource analysis of contracts
• Enable control of the progress of procurement by producing schedules for all materials and equipment, updating regularly and analysing the implications of updates.
* Update and monitoring of Project Plans for applications for payment.
• Preparation of as-built programmes.
• Assist in programmes submissions for requests for extension of time.
For this role you will need:
• Civil Engineering/M&E/Building experience.
• Water industry experience
• Possess an understanding of planning skills and programming.
• Experience of Earned Value Management
• Resource Management
• 4D Planning experience ( preferred )