The main purpose of the role:
Responsible for supporting estimators and delivery teams to ensure compliance in planning and commitment to the company objectives.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Proactively support the estimating and delivery teams to ensure that planning standards are maintained across all projects and planning & control procedures are adhered to.
• Assisting with the tender, pre-construction, and delivery of a range of opportunities and live projects by collaboratively developing and maintaining robust detailed project plans.
• Assisting with establishing optimal construction methodologies, logic sequences and work outputs.
• Appreciating and upholding the Health & Safety standards in all planning processes.
• Developing animations of the project plan to aid digital rehearsal of the project construction.
• Supporting the review of tender programmes and their compliance.
• Fostering the planning culture with a great focus on weekly planning updates and reviews of performance.
• Monitoring the critical path and key milestones, advising the delivery team on any potential changes and leading challenge and mitigation actions.
• Supporting the preparation of reports and update of information displayed on sites in line with the reporting cycles.
• Ensuring that claimable delays are captured and quantified.
• Supporting the development of programmes to demonstrate the impact of change in compliance with the contractual and project-specific requirements.
• Advising Operations and Commercial of project risks, float uptake and impacts on the contractual delivery dates.
Knowledge and experience
• Good understanding of construction sequencing and how a project comes together, gained in a site-level role for a contractor in the UK construction industry.
• Good knowledge of NEC and other relevant forms of contract.
• Experience in leading collaborative planning processes.
• Degree in Civil Engineering / Construction is preferred.
• Proficient in Primavera P6 and competent in MS Project.
• CSCS Card.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to communicate complex information to a wide range of audiences.
• Innovative and supportive of other team members to enhance the effectiveness of planning across the business.