Job Title : Mechanical Pipeline Engineer (Infrastructure)
Salary : £40,000 - £45,000
An excellent opportunity for a mechanical gas engineer to join our team in Manchester. You will need to possess a suitable engineering qualification (Degree/HND or equivalent) and either Chartered or actively working towards Chartered Status. You will need to be experienced within the UK’s gas industry and experienced in designing / planning MP / IP gas infrastructure.
What you’ll be doing:
• Producing Feasibility Studies and Conceptual designs on UK Gas projects, including pipelines and AGI's.
• Producing Mechanical / Gas Engineering Detailed Designs on UK gas projects across all pressure tiers.
• Liaise with multidiscipline teams, including CAD Technicians.
• Support Project Manager with project delivery and Design Coordination.
• Liaise with clients to ensure resolution of design queries.
• Keeping updated records to keep track of scheme progress.
• Provide technical support to the project.
What we’re looking for:
• Suitable engineering qualification (Degree/HND or equivalent) and either Chartered or actively working towards Chartered Status
• Experience in the UK Gas Industry.
• Experience in designing / planning MP / IP gas infrastructure. (HP experience would be desirable).
• Knowledge of IGEM Standards, including IGEM/TD/1, IGEM/TD/3 and IGEM/TD/13.
• Knowledge of technical specifications for equipment including governors, pipe and fittings.
• Working knowledge of the IGEM/GL/5 process and associated gas industry associated processes (G/17, PS/5, G/35).
What's in it for you:
• A competitive basic salary
• The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
• Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
• Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
• Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
• You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in the company.
• You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.