Mechanical Foreman / Supervisor - Water
- Deadline: 07.03.2024
Our client works in the Water sector and they have immediate vacancies for a Mechanical Foreman or Supervisor to join their Delivery Team, focusing on the assembly and installation of fabricated products such as settlement tank scraper bridges, gravity thickeners, aerators and access steelwork.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Planning, supervising and assisting with on-site mechanical installation works associated with EPS’s range of scraper bridges and other fabricated products for wastewater and water treatment plants.
• Ensuring that all day to day activities are planned, coordinated and carried out in a safe manner.in accordance with required standards, policies and statutory regulations for Health & Safety.
• Ensuring that all systems are installed, tested and commissioning to relevant British, ISO and client standards.
• Assisting the EPS Fitters and other operatives with the day-to-day site activities, working with steelwork, pipework, etc..
• Liaising with the project manager / project engineer on all aspects of the project.
• Inducting onsite personnel, subcontractors and visitors.
• Communicating method statements, risk assessments and procedures to employees and subcontractors onsite.
• Carrying out toolbox talks.
• Ensuring that current certifications and records are maintained for training of on-site personnel, subcontractors, plant and equipment used as part of the works.
• Ensuring that any defects to plant and equipment are repaired in a timely manner, and defective plant and equipment is removed from use and clearly identified.
• Ensuring all employees and subcontractors are wearing the correct PPE at all times.
• Reporting accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences and / or near misses to the Project Manager / Engineer. In the absence of the project manager the HSQE and HR departments must be contacted directly.
• Maintaining good housekeeping and ensuring that all walkways are kept clear of all obstruction.
• Implementing emergency plans when required.
• Liaising with internal / external safety officers and auditors during site inspections.
• Recording and closing non-conformances for individual projects and supporting the Project Manager to ensure that the corrective action, root cause and preventative / improvement actions are successfully identified.
• Applying industry best practice and workmanship to ensure a ‘right first time’ outcome is achieved during installation.
• Working collaboratively with colleagues, customers, suppliers and other contractors.
• Complying with all relevant Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Safe Systems of Work Plans, and working in a safe and responsible manner at all times.
• Completion of daily reports and ensuring company HSQE policies are maintained for all activities.
• Identifying and promoting new ideas and improvements to the business via the appropriate reporting mechanisms.
• Other duties as may arise from time to time that are consistent with the job-holder’s knowledge and skills, and are needed to effectively perform the role
• Engineering/science or similar qualification, ideally to HND / HNC / C&G or equivalent level.
• Minimum two years’ experience in a similar role within the utilities sector and/or M&E engineering environment.
• Candidates should have experience in planning, supervising and carrying out steelwork assembly, welding and site mechanical works.
• Demonstrable training/qualifications in coded welding, steel fixing or similar.
• Experience of structural steelwork and steel product installation would be an advantage.
• Electrical awareness and training would be an advantage.
• Good communication skills, able to interact effectively with Clients and colleagues.
• Experience within the UK water industry is preferable, experience of installing scraper bridges would be a distinct advantage.
• Willingness to travel regionally and nationwide on a regular basis (including overnight stays), and occasionally to the Group headquarters in Ireland as required.
• Full driving licence, any existing endorsements must be declared in the application.