Mechanical Fitter (Fabricated Products)
- Deadline: 08.03.2024
Our Client is a design-build provider of water/wastewater MEICA and process solutions to the UK and Irish water sectors. They are currently seeking a Mechanical Fitter (Fabricated Products) to join their team in Hampshire.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Carrying out on-site mechanical installation works associated with EPS’s range of scraper bridges and other fabricated products for wastewater and water treatment plants.
• Adherence to required standards, policies and statutory regulations for Health & Safety.
• Ensuring that all systems are installed, tested and commissioning to relevant British, ISO and client standards.
• Completing repairs, upgrades and refurbishment works to existing installed systems.
• Applying industry best practice and workmanship to ensure a ‘right first time’ outcome is achieved during installation.
• Working with mild and stainless steelwork – cutting, grinding, welding, fixing, etc.
• Working with various types of pipework – stainless, ductile, mild steel, etc.
• Working collaboratively with colleagues, customers, suppliers and other contractors.
• Complying with all relevant Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Safe Systems of Work Plans, and working in a safe and responsible manner at all times.
• Completion of daily reports and ensuring company HSQE policies are maintained for all activities.
• Identifying and promoting new ideas and improvements to the business via the appropriate reporting mechanisms.
• Other duties as may arise from time to time that are consistent with the job-holder’s knowledge and skills, and are needed to effectively perform the role
• Engineering/science or similar qualification, ideally to C&G / HNC or equivalent level.
• Minimum two years’ experience in a similar role within the utilities sector and/or M&E engineering environment.
• Candidates should have experience in steelwork assembly, welding and site mechanical works.
• Demonstrable training/qualifications in welding, steel fixing or similar.
• Experience of structural steelwork and steel product installation would be an advantage
• Electrical awareness and training would be an advantage.
• Good communication skills, able to interact effectively with Clients and colleagues.
• Experience within the UK water industry is preferable, experience of installing scraper bridges would be a distinct advantage.
• Willingness to travel regionally and nationwide on a regular basis (including overnight stays), and occasionally to the EPS Group headquarters in Ireland as required.
• Full driving licence, any existing endorsements must be declared in the application.