Mechanical Design & Installation Engineer
- Deadline: 19.12.2023
My client is a progressive organisation in water and wastewater services and are looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer to work on projects located in the Yorkshire regions
Duties will include:
• Production of mechanical detailed design submissions
• Working with design teams in the production of design and construction drawings/ documentation
• Liaising between Mechanical & Electrical Designers and Civil & Structural Designers
• Preparation and application of Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Permits and other Health and Safety Documentation
• Preparation of scope documents and tender packages.
• Reviewing subcontract tender and contract pricing
• Developing mechanical Design deliverables
• Liaising with suppliers and subcontractors and composition of purchase orders and subcontract agreements.
• Management of site personnel and subcontractors ensuring that work is conducted in line with design documentation and in accordance with contract programme.
• Completion of quality checks to ensure works are in line with design outputs and ready for commissioning works.
• Preparation of commissioning documentation and supervision of commissioning process.
• Co-ordination of project close-out stages including handover to the end user.
Qualifications / Experience:
• Level 7/8 Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience, preferably in the Water & Wastewater sector.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent planning, organisational, training, teamwork, problem resolution and presentation skills
• Excellent literacy, numeric and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
• Full Clean driving licence.