Job Title : Managing Quantity Surveyor (Rail / Civils)
Salary : £62,000 - £65,000
We are looking for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to join our commercial team, based from the Leeds office.
You will have commercial responsibility for the company portfolio of works, managing all non-Reactive work.
As a Managing Quantity Surveyor, you will provide advice to commercial team / project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence. You will also train and provide support to the commercial team, including carrying out PDR’s and helping develop staff through PDP’s.
You will manage and produce formal reports to the Commercial Director for inclusion in the board reports.
Other responsibilities include:
• Monitor contract compliance against statutory requirements
• Recruit in line with the company strategy
• Develop client relationships, achieving a progressive improvement in customer satisfaction. Maintain, establish and develop regular contact / meetings with the client
• Assist the Directors in helping to develop company strategies
• Attend all internal and external meetings relevant to the works
• Oversee / monitor contract costs against agreed budgets
• Develop and monitor the use of cost and financial reporting systems. Prepare and submit cash flow and all forecasting as required
• Comply and promote the company safety policy
• Work closely and promote synergy between all departments
• Ensure commercial contractual administration is carried out correctly
• Identify potential commercial / financial risk and opportunity and evaluate options to mitigate / release
• Oversee the estimating department ensuring that tenders are processed and signed off correctly
• Ensure tender wins have a full and proper hand-over to the delivery team and that the projects are tracked in terms of their expected tender performance
• Oversee procedures and liaise with the supply chain for procurement, negotiation and placing of subcontract & supplier orders
• Any other duties as may reasonably required.
• Similar experience working within a contracting environment for 10+ years
• Rail experience – Desirable
• Track record in delivering forecasted margins
• Demonstrable ability to lead a team
• Experience on buildings & civils projects
• HND / HNC
• Degree in Quantity Surveying – Desirable
• • RICS / CES – Desirable