M&E Project Engineer - Water
- Deadline: 29.02.2024
Are you a competent, multi-discipline technician/engineer with the ability to successfully deliver capital maintenance projects? If so, we have a great opportunity for you in our Client's operational services delivery team. Our Client is looking for an honest, confident and motivated individual who can deliver small M&E/civil schemes to time, cost and quality, with a key emphasis on safety.
Reporting to the Capital Maintenance Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for delivering minor supply and waste capital maintenance projects, from the initial concept stage all the way through to the successful commission and handover to the end-user.
This is an interesting and diverse role that will require you to support capital investment, operational and maintenance teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Whole project lifecycle delivery
- Project risk management (safety, environmental, process, programme and budget)
- Managing technical design, specifications, standards and scope
- Contract and financial management
- Contractor supervision
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders, including the public
- Chairing key project delivery meetings
- Reporting to management (verbal and written).
- The ideal candidate for this role will be educated to HNC level or above in electrical or mechanical engineering and will have experience in the design, construction, management and commissioning of small capital maintenance size projects.
- Knowledge of delivering water and wastewater projects within the UK water industry is not a necessity, as other experience in other utilities could be relevant.
- Competency in Microsoft Word and Excel, and AutoCAD (or other design packages) is a requirement. An understanding of UK health and safety legislation is also important, particularly the Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations 2015.
In addition to the above, you will be a conscientious and positive team player, who can work independently, flexibly and efficiently, while constantly monitoring progress against programme.