Highways Design Engineer
- Deadline: 29.02.2024
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Highways Engineer to join my client's team in central London.
A Highways Engineer is a key position in their organisation with key responsibilities to contribute to the development and implementation of projects and programmes of work whilst undertaking a range of technical aspects required for project delivery including feasibility and concept design, buildability, value engineering, detailed design, preparation of tender and contract specifications.
You shall implement projects effectively and commercially to meet the requirements of the brief, quality standards, health and safety and environmental standards to both national and corporate standards, applying all project management requirements including clear communications, reporting, financial management and customer relationship management You’ll also have a key role in the project team, contributing to the delivery of a variety of projects covering a range of complexities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Undertaking feasibility studies for highways projects including the preparation of reports, cost estimates, investigating problems, and identifying of options.
- Preparing detailed design highway improvement schemes to DMRB standards using Civils
- 3D and AutoCAD software including preparation of contract drawings.
- Contributing to the delivery of highway projects to their Joint Venture clients within budget and timescale.
- Preparing schemes for tender using the Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works and Specification for Highway Works.
- Arranging the procurement of highway improvement works through competitive tendering.
- The ability to set and work to personal deadlines and targets to meet the requirements of programmes of work, to meet clients’ needs and to respond to targets set by others.
- Able to assist in preparing fee estimates and bid work.
- To demonstrate excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, both at a general and technical level.
- Ensuring compliance of the team’s work with a high regard to Health and Safety and the application of the CDM Regulations and other legislation.
- A Bachelors or Masters Degree in Civil Engineering or a related subject accredited by the Engineering Council OR you will be actively working towards Incorporated or Incorporated
- Member status of the Institution of Civil Engineers (IEng MICE).
- A minimum of 3-5 years post qualification experience in the design, implementation and supervision of all aspects of highways and civil engineering design and construction.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation, standards and procedures.
- A working knowledge of standard highway and civil engineering specifications, conditions of contract and methods of measurement.