Our client is a main contractor that works in the water and civils sectors across the UK. Due to increased growth they are now looking to recruit a Health & Safety Lead for one of the key water frameworks in Peterborough
What you will be doing as the new Safety Lead?
Managing and leading a team of Health & Safety professionals, you’ll work with IOS operational teams to understand challenges and provide guidance and leadership for teams to work safely and efficiently through positive HS&W support and innovation.
As you establish a positive Health , Safety & Wellbeing culture by always looking at safer ways of working, you’ll develop and agree on suitable safety targets and outcome measures aligned across the business ensuring best practice is shared across the entire Anglian Water network.
• To be part of the AW Safety team ensuring consistency in H&S across IOS and Pan Alliance providing assurance on H&S performance and collaborating on key initiatives
• Provide a challenging, dynamic, and progressive team environment where individuals grow and develop their careers whilst enhancing team performance
• Implement an Assurance process to demonstrate compliance and to identify areas for improvement to become industry-leading
• Provide regular monthly reports to the IOS Board demonstrating H&S performance and key areas for focus along with strategic updates. Use H&S data to give real insight.
• Work with AW Safety Business Partner and the Alliance leadership team to develop and deliver clear, measurable strategies
• Work with operational teams to fully understand Alliance challenges to help facilitate HS&W improvements supporting the safe, efficient delivery of schemes
• Bring insights and ideas which challenge the thinking of the Alliance Leadership team about how they could influence areas with H&S shortcomings
A little bit about your skr qills, experience, and behaviours….
To join our client on their quest for H, S & W excellence now and for years to come, you’ll have demonstrable experience of working in an H&S or related senior role. With a degree or Diploma in H&S and Chartered Member of IOSH (or actively working towards), you’ll have the ability to work with and influence directors and senior managers and influence the adoption of a first-class health and safety culture.
Aligned with our values of building trust, doing the right thing, and always exploring, you’ll have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills which not only look to drive business outperformance but also exceed customer expectations.
More than anything, you’ll be passionate about people and safety and relish the opportunity to make a real impact on how we operate