Health & Safety Advisor - Water / Civils
- Deadline: 29.02.2024
Our client is a tier 1 main contractor that works in the water & civils sectors and they are recruiting for Health & Safety Advisors to join the Strategic Pipeline Alliance (SPA).
As their new H&S Advisor you will provide Health & Safety advice, guidance and coaching to Project Teams from pre-construction to handover and ensure compliance with the Strategic Alliance HSEMS. This will require the completion of inspections, advisory visits, incident investigations, feedback and briefings to sites.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop and apply a long-term plan to enhance Company SHE performance
- Participate in post-project reviews and lessons-learned exercises to ensure improvements are captured as part of the SHE improvement plans
- Support the development of continuous improvement practices including SHE alerts, communication and knowledge sharing
- Support the development and upskilling of key supply chain partners to achieve greater SHE performance e.g. internal training.
Other responsibilities include:
- Positively influence SHE leadership behaviours by your own actions, set the standard and demonstrate high standards of ethics and professional integrity
- Plan and conduct regular audits of site locations SHE practices and documentation
- Assist with the audit programme for the company and client
- Support and assist with incident investigations and reporting to ensure company operating procedures are implemented
- Support the Project Manager regarding regulator queries and requests
- Lead SHE agenda to ensure guidance and support is in place for project teams in relation to regulatory and client specific requirements
- Assist the implementation of a company-wide consistent management approach to SHE requirements
- Support and guide the company's management with a positive solutions-based approach to addressing challenges in SHE performance Health and Safety Advisor
- Establish and foster positive professional relationships with keys clients, consultants and suppliers
- Provide SHE advice and support to project teams and supply chain during project mobilisation phase
- Provide SHE advice and support to ‘in-progress’ project management teams
- Prepare timely post-audit reports and identified actions to project and company management teams
- Monitor the completion of corrective & preventative actions and the close-out of NCR’s
- Assist in the preparation of monthly SHE performance data and reports for management and senior leadership
- Provide advice and guidance to project management teams
- Provide feedback and communicate lessons learned/ best practice across the organisation
- Level 8 honours degree / Third level degree qualification in a relevant engineering, construction or SHE discipline.
- NEBOSH Certificate
- Full Driving Licence.
- Previous experience in relevant field of Construction / Utilities.
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- Technician grade membership of IOSH (Tech IOSH) or above
- CSCS Safety Professional card
- Degree/Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety (Preferred)
- Working towards chartered membership of IOSH – CMIOSH
- Effective communicator with strong presentation and report writing skills
- People skills – ability to liaise with staff/operatives at all levels.
- Analytical skills to interpret detailed information and regulations.
- Excellent use MS Office – Word, Excel and Powerpoint.