Health & Safety Advisor - Water
Quote ref: 2581/27730
This is an excellent opportunity for a Water / Civils Health & Safety Consultant to join our clients team based in London and the South East working across a varied range of regional and UK projects.
The postholder will work as a member of the team providing construction health and safety services to both internal and external clients. You will be required to independently deliver water / civils H&S advice and to fulfil the role of CDM advisor / Principal Designer on multiple projects to help ensure compliance with the duties of the CDM regulations 2015.
Their services include strategic, tactical, and operational aspects of our clients’ businesses. Their service delivery includes the writing of policies and procedures, carrying out site inspections and audits, writing up project progress reports and engaging directly with clients on a project basis, as well as developing and implementing training programmes. Your role will be Senior Construction Health and Safety Consultant delivering these services and as such you will be a key member of this close-knit team. Your knowledge and skills will contribute to the growth and success of this developing and growing team as they work together to deliver robust solutions to meet their health and safety objectives, aims and aspirations.
What you’ll be doing:
• Work independently on large projects, or as part of a team on very large projects, to deliver the Principal Designer duty and CDM advisor role
• Independently undertake site inspections and monitoring visits to determine health & safety compliance
• Independently attend project, design, and other meetings, escalating issues as required by the project plan
• Ensure output from projects is of a high standard
• Ability to ensure projects are completed efficiently and within the resource profile which was completed prior to the start of the project
What they are looking for:
• Educated to degree level in a construction related field with a preference for a design related degree
• A minimum of 7 year’s post qualification experience
• A thorough knowledge of the CDM regulations and associated legislation
• Appropriate experience of the design and construction processes.
• NEBOSH Diploma or similar technical or professional qualification