Reporting to the Business Director, the Head of Hire role is responsible for the strategic leadership of all aspects of the hire business stream. The role will contribute proactively to the Senior Management Team and collaborate effectively with the support functions.
• Identify areas of development for new sectors, products, and customers.
• Deliver innovations to further develop stream performance, proactively seek new opportunities to support targeted external growth.
• Responsible for creating development and investment proposals within the stream.
• Attend prestart meetings to ensure all opportunities are maximised, capitalise on new contracts and opportunities by working closely with the regional businesses.
Commercial & Finance
• Responsible for meeting turnover, profit and margin targets.
• Analyse stream performance and provide updates during monthly business reviews.
• Provide monthly financial project forecast reports to the Finance Manager.
• Fully accountable for the utilisation level of all areas within the business stream.
• Manage age profile of equipment and ensure investment targets are met for each asset group.
• Fully accountable for stock holding, ensuring agreed levels are accurate to repair and maintenance requirements.
• Maintain a good level of understanding of suppliers used and their performance making sure they meet our
The successful candidate is likely to meet all of the following criteria:
• Proven strategic leadership experience and ability in a similar size and type of business
• Significant, positive relationships with the company's current/target customers and supply chain
• Ability to lead and work collaboratively at all levels as required
• Ability to set vision, execute plans and create a healthy spirit of accountability
• Ability to create business cases and investment proposals with a natural desire to innovate and continuously improve
• Experience in building collaborative relationships with existing and new clients and suppliers
• IT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office package as a minimum