This is a role with wide-ranging responsibilities, ranging from basic process design for water & wastewater treatment plants, through to providing commissioning, training and ongoing support services. This means that the successful candidate can quite reasonably expect to gain valuable experience of most, if not all, aspects of plant design, procurement, installation, commissioning and long-term support to our customers giving him / her a valuable overview of the whole business.
We expect the successful candidate to have experience and / or qualifications in a relevant discipline, most probably chemistry/chemical engineering based.
Although this position will be largely based in the pre-contract department, all members of staff are expected to be flexible and undertake other work as and when necessary to meet the demands of the business. This will include post-contract work, primarily commissioning and site visits to provide process support/service/fault finding etc.
Site work will involve pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up, testing and troubleshooting of all plant and equipment associated with the water and wastewater treatment systems designed and supplied by the Company. An integral part of commissioning is also the provision of training for the clients’ operators. For many clients we also provide on-going operational assistance, trouble shooting and plant servicing.
It is not expected that the person will normally be on-site all the time. For example plant commissioning could take perhaps 4 weeks for a large plant, and then the work might be office based for some weeks or months.
1. Scheme process design.
2. Specifying equipment requirements.
3. Co-ordinating with equipment / system suppliers
4. Preparation of quotations (& basic drawings as necessary)
5. Follow-up, liaison and meetings with clients
6. Preparation of detailed designs as part of the post-contract team
7. Site visits as appropriate / Collection of information for quotation preparation
1. Drawing work as required, mainly involving the use of a software design package such as AutoCAD (subject to the individual’s capability, but this is not a major issue).
2. Specifying and purchasing of equipment, progressing its manufacture & delivery, ensuring its quality and compliance with the Company’s and clients’ specifications (where appropriate) and our quotation.
3. Production of general contract documentation including Equipment Schedules, Data Sheets etc.
4. Production of Health & Safety documentation including Risk Assessments, Method Statements, COSHH assessments, Safety Instructions etc.
5. Providing periodic technical support for a small number of other clients with both water and wastewater treatment plants of various types.
6. Assisting in the bringing to market, sales, support and servicing of new water / wastewater treatment products & technologies.
7. Day-to-day liaison with client & contractors.
8. Commercial & technical negotiations with suppliers.