My client is an international engineering consultancy and they are looking for Geotechnical Design Engineers for projects in Ireland
• Experience of working in geotechnical design (i.e. working to EuroCode 7 and other recognised standards).
• Good range of knowledge and application of ground investigation methods, soil and rock parameter selection, design of shallow footings, piles and retaining walls.
• A broad range of design experience including foundations, retaining walls, soil nails, reinforced soil, earthworks and ground improvement.
• Competent user of geotechnical software in earthworks, deep and shallow foundations, retaining structures and systems (such as SlopeW, WALLAP, Oasys Suite). Experience in using FE 2D and 3D analyses (such as Plaxis, Midas) would be an advantage.
• For Senior positions - Management experience of technical staff and projects. Good oral, written, graphical communication skills are required. Experience of writing complex technical reports, wide ranging specifications and contract documents would be an advantage. Previous site and/or overseas experience will be an advantage.
• A first degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology or similar.
• Chartered Engineer, or working towards achieving Chartered Engineer status.