Job Title Estimator ( Water)
Location : Sussex / Surrey
My client is looking for an Estimator (2-5 years experience) for their ongoing projects.
Overview of role:
Produce estimates, primarily associated with tenders, the majority of which are controlled/managed by the UK office.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Help produce civil works estimating in detail as well as the incorporation of electrical, mechanical and other specialist estimates to ensure a comprehensive tender price is generated. Assist with preparation of civil works bills of quantities from Clients`/In-house drawings
• Production of Plant Schedules
• Preparation of estimate summaries and bills of quantities to facilitate tender settlements. Presentation of tender estimates to the tender review panel and active participation in settlement of bids
• As part of a review team undertake reviews, risk analysis and make amendments to estimates prepared by the company`s overseas offices
• Identification of risk and preparation of technical/commercial risk analyses for estimates
• Preparation of tender programmes and outline resource schedules
• Understand cash flow implications of estimate & produce cash flow against programme
• Preparation and presentation of reports and recommendations on key technical/commercial issues of internal estimate summaries and active participation in tender review meetings
• Proactive liaison with UK and overseas proposals, sales and engineering staff to maximise co-ordination and communication
• Interface in detail with design and engineering teams (including procurement, shipping and insurance staff).
• Ensure company`s quality procedures are followed in the execution of all activities
• To effectively liaise with other staff members, clients, and suppliers to ensure customer satisfaction and satisfactory contract completion