Environmental Communications & Stakeholder Officer
- Deadline: 29.02.2024
Our client works in the water industry and they are looking for an Environmental Communications & Stakeholder Officer for their operations in Kent .You’ll partner with the environment team to deliver highly integrated communication campaigns. This is the chance to use your full range of skills to coordinate, create and execute communications plans that enhance public awareness, brand perception and contribute to better business performance.
Ideally, you’ll hold a degree in Communications or Public Relations discipline or an equivalent qualification, as well as a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Additionally, individuals with proven success in communications, media, and events within the environmental, farming, agricultural, horticultural, or land-based industry will also be considered.
You’ll be responsible for developing and implementing an annual programme of stakeholder and community engagement to support the delivery of their Water Industry National Environment Programme (WINEP).
This role will include:
- Identifying key community leaders and stakeholders in the area affected
- Managing a programme of events, newsletters, press activity and other communications
- Supporting the Catchment Team to deliver farmer events and stakeholder meetings
- Be responsible for organising and attending any community briefings, presentations or meetings in and out of normal office hours to assist with the successful delivery of the communication strategy
- Creation of an integrated communications strategy to support delivery of business plan and Water Industry National Environment Programme objectives
- Working with internal stakeholders to agree priorities, key messages and the annual programme of events and other communications activities
- Manage a range of suppliers and external parties to deliver the communications and events programme, such as graphic designers, photographers, videographers and communications agencies
What do you bring to the role?
- Ideally, you’ll hold a degree in Communications or Public Relations discipline or an equivalent qualification, as well as a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Additionally, individuals with proven success in communications, media, and events within the environmental, farming, agricultural, horticultural, or land-based industry will also be considered.
- Full driving licence.
- Experience of event management, media relations and dealing with customers, stakeholders and the press.
- Be adept at pivoting between multiple projects, sometimes with competing needs, to produce appropriate and high quality communications outputs to deadline.
- Competent in drafting accurate customer and stakeholder communications materials required for a project or event, including, but not limited to; communications plans and evaluations, briefing notes, statements, press releases, presentations, exhibition materials, articles, advertising, website copy, FAQs and social media content such as videos.
- Competent in turning complex information into appropriate and easy to understand materials for public and stakeholder consumption
- Able to use a range of digital tools, including but not limited to, social media, email marketing/newsletter, website content management system and public relations management software
- Keen to learn, develop as well as try new ideas and communications methods as they arise
- Competent at identifying potential risks to company reputation and have confidence in raising these with appropriate managers
- Knowledge of the environmental and/or agricultural industry would be advantageous.