Energy & Process Improvement Engineer
£30,000 to £45,000
This well-established, expanding company is looking for a Process Improvement Engineer to deliver
sustainability solutions, services and products to the FMCG sector and NHS.
They are an ambitious organisation specialising in energy, water and product waste efficiency solutions
for industry. Heading into their 9th year they are forecast to grow rapidly over the next 5 years.
This role will focus on project coordination, reporting and hands-on delivery of the following products
• Factory supply chain waste minimisation – A tried and tested methodology targeting the
minimisation of these.
• Energy and water minimisation – A complete offering of services, technology and software.
• Industry Metrics (InMetriks) – An industry index to assess and value energy saving
opportunities across different sites & sectors.
• Leadership of on and off-site consulting assignments
• Manage projects and ensure delivery to client on time and within agreed budget
• Provide technical support to a range of projects
• Prepare proposals for new projects
• Generate new business through ongoing account management activity
• There will be a close working relationship with the company directors and business associates.
Qualifications & Experience: Applicants will be qualified to degree level in an engineering discipline,
such as Mechanical/Chemical/Electrical Engineering, be working towards chartership or already
chartered, and have Lean Six Sigma experience.
The candidate must also have:
• At least 3 years work experience, including the FMCG or food & drink manufacturing industry.
Consultancy experience is desirable.
• Have a proven record of delivering sustainability, process improvement, or cost efficiency
improvements to internal or external customers.
• Experience of managing a team to deliver projects, including developing project briefs, written
cost proposals and report approval.
Travel: A reasonable amount of UK travel may be required. A full UK driving license will be required.
Disclosure and Barring Service: The candidate will require clearance from the DBS (formerly the CRB)
throughout England and Wales as required by our clients.
What you can expect from this company:
This will be an exciting role with lots of responsibility. You will learn how all elements of a growing
business work, whilst developing a core team. You will get regular time with members of the exec team,
mentoring, and have structured quarterly reviews to ensure your role is stimulating and your
professional development needs are met. They are advocates of professional qualification, so if you
are working towards chartership they will support you in this process