My client is a leading engineering and environmental consultancy. based in London. and they are looking for directors in one or more of Rail, Road, Aviation, Power, Utilities and Water sectors..
We are seeking experienced EIA / SEA Directors to further
strengthen our Infrastructure team, playing key
leadership roles in .
You will balance developing our business and
infrastructure team with delivering projects and
winning new work, ensuring the highest levels of client
care. You will be responsible for helping set the company's
strategic direction and increasing our market share in
your chosen sector(s).
On projects you will take project director / technical
lead roles, depending on your specific skills and
interests. In business development you will spend
time pursuing projects, securing framework
opportunities, managing key client and partner
relationships, and leading or contributing to bids for
projects of all scales. You will actively use and
develop a network of contacts in client organisations,
strategic partners and other collaborators to win and
You will be supported by and work closely with
colleagues across the company.
• Provide leadership of business development and
delivery in your chosen sector.
• Provide technical expertise in one or more of the
following fields: environmental impact
assessment & management; planning &
engagement; strategy & sustainability.
• Lead and contribute to a wide variety of
infrastructure and development projects.
• Financial/commercial responsibility for projects
• Provide technical direction and oversight on
projects within the team including writing,
checking and review of deliverables.
• Develop client relationships and win new work.
• Undertake bidding work including preparing,
contributing to and reviewing bids/tenders.
• Communicate, liaise and collaborate effectively
with clients and colleagues.
• Help grow and develop the wider team through
mentoring and line management.
• Provide health, safety and welfare leadership
identifying potential hazards, demonstrating a
commitment to workplace safety.
• Enhance the company's reputation and market
position through your professional (technical and
sector specific) profile and contribution.
Successful candidates will have:
• A passion for the environment and delivering
• Masters’ degree in relevant discipline (or
• Specialism in one or more of the traditional EIA
disciplines, planning or sustainability
• Strong networking capability and key contacts in
the infrastructure sector.
• Significant experience at senior management
level with a good track record winning and
delivering projects (both large and small projects)
and working in a multi-disciplinary environment
• Experience of working with major clients in UK
• Ability to influence project decision-makers to
arrive at sustainable solutions.
• Bid preparation and business development
• Confidence, excellent communication skills,
energy and enthusiasm, and a creative approach
to problem solving
It will be desirable if you have:
• Chartered member of a relevant professional
institution (e.g. CEnv with IEMA, IES or CIWEM).
• International experience of work on major
infrastructure projects and programmes.
• Experience of working client-side for major
infrastructure clients as well as consulting
• Expert witness experience.
• Additional qualifications in project/contract
management, programme planning, facilitation
and dispute resolution.