Director (Construction Environmental Management)
- Deadline: 14.12.2023
My client is one of the UK’s leading independent environmental consultancies, specialising in environmental assessments, planning, policy advice and sustainability. They are currently seeking a Divisional Director (Construction Environmental Management) to join their team in London.
The role of Divisional Director / Lead is to provide senior leadership across the company working closely with other Divisional Directors / Leads to help the business achieve its goals and objectives as identified by the Main Board. This includes a key role in influencing the direction of the business and identifying business priorities and working with the Main Board to agree and set the strategy for the Division and its Business Units. They will also work collaboratively with others to leverage cross-selling business opportunities and provide/promote technical leadership and secure awards to enhance the profile and reputation of the company. The Divisional Director / Lead will be responsible for delivering a unified culture as well as an effective, integrated and well-motivated divisional team. They will provide leadership on the values and behaviour aligned to being a leading Ethical and Sustainable business. The role also includes having responsibility for leading and managing the Division and its Business Units and having ultimate responsibility for the Divisions performance against the annual business plan targets with the aim of achieving meaningful growth and high performance within the component Business Units. They will be a standing member of the Operations Board and be responsible for day to day divisional operation, performance and success.
The Divisional Director / Lead role will include but not be limited to:
- Taking an active role in promoting the success of the whole business internally and externally
- Supporting a positive culture and exemplifying the values and behaviours of the one business
- Ensuring compliance with all policy, process, systems and procedures and leading on their adoption and providing prompt feedback and building on lessons learnt to drive continual improvement
- Collaboratively working with other divisions, regional, sector, support service and business unit leads to achieve divisional and The Group business plan goals
- Leading and managing the successful performance and growth of a division including the identification and management of risk and opportunities
- Communicating any significant concerns, needs and requirements of the Division in a timely manner to the Operations and Main Board as relevant.
- Taking responsibility for winning work, leading on Division (and contributing to companywide) significant bid activity, and key account and framework management.
- Working closely with the marketing team on promoting the business, marketing and other marketing initiatives as required.
- Taking responsibility for delivery of profitable work
- To achieve growth targets for the Division and other KPI targets (as identified in the Business Plan).
- To diversify the service and business portfolio in line with the Company’s overall strategy. Such growth must have regard to their mission statement and core values.
- Ensuring reports and other deliverables to the Operations Board (and Main Board as relevant) are timely
- Proven experience in a senior leadership role and running a team and/or division.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- A minimum of 15 years industry experience.
- MBA or equivalent management qualification (desirable).