Job Title : Director - Climate & Carbon
Location : Lancashire
Salary : Negotiable
My client is an environmental consultancy based and they are looking for a Director - Climate & Carbon for their offices in central London.
• Work with the Senior Technical Director to
provide leadership of business development and
delivery in the climate change area.
• Provide technical expertise in one or more of the
following fields: climate change mitigation
analysis, low carbon technologies and energy
efficiency, climate change vulnerability and
adaptation assessment, greenhouse gas
emissions inventories/assessment, emissions
trading systems, Monitoring Reporting and
Verification (MRV) system development, climate
change policy development/analysis, UK/EU/UN
climate change legislation and processes.
• Lead and contribute to a wide variety of climate
change analysis, advice and capacity building
• Provide technical direction and oversight on
projects within the team including writing,
checking and review of deliverables.
• Have financial/commercial responsibility for
projects and tenders
• Develop client relationships and win new work.
• Undertake bidding work including preparing,
contributing to and reviewing bids/tenders.
• Communicate, liaise and collaborate effectively
with clients and colleagues.
• Help grow and develop the wider team through
mentoring and line management.
Successful candidates will have:
• A passion for the environment and delivering
• Educated to degree level in a relevant field with
further degree or professional qualification.
• Specialism in one or more key climate change
• A proven track record of managing and taking
responsibility for delivering successful projects of
• Experience of leading project teams, including
the development of team members.
• Experience of leading bids, including the
management of bid teams, development of
methodology and presentations.
• Strong networking capability and a welldeveloped network of contacts.
• Confidence, excellent written and oral
communication skills, energy and enthusiasm,
and a creative approach to problem solving.
It will be desirable if you:
• Are a nationally or internationally recognised
expert in your technical field.
• Have experience of developing and delivering